Thursday, August 25, 2022

Sunny And Blue Skies

6:56

7:41

I was up later than usual for a Thursday, at 6:50 so I hurriedly made my coffee and was out on the lake for a half-hour paddle by 7:00, spotting both a heron and osprey so it was worth the rush. It's 9:20 as I finish this after having breakfast in Bemus at 8:00 with two of the gang. 

Kayak Morning

Northern Sky

Great Blue Heron

Osprey

Cormorant

Yesterday was not the best of days although it started out well enough with a good hour paddle, a relaxing breakfast, and coffee. We then did a few things around the house but by 11:00, we were off to Mayville where Evie had an appointment with a physical therapist to hopefully correct her dizziness. I decided to then drive to the Hartsville Diner and pick up a sub sandwich, supposedly the best place around but it's closed on Wednesday, go figure. So I sat in the parking lot, reading my Kindle until Evie was done at 12:30.

We were home by 1:00 and Evie fried up some mashed potatoes and eggs for my lunch. I watched another episode of Game of Thrones, but by 1:30, was off to the dentist, to get 18 X-rays, both sides and front, and find out I will need a new crown. Yippee. I then stopped at my tax person, only to find out that because for some reason one of my IRAs was not included in my taxes, I owed both the IRS and NY State, three thousand bucks plus interest for the years 2019, 2020, and 2021. What BS, right, but I paid it and will have to pay interest later. That ended my good day.

I was home by 4:30, and relaxed on the couch while Evie made our dinner, an eggplant and tomato pasta, and salad. Fortunately, it was delicious so my mood improved a bit. We watched an average film called Labor Day. We didn't love it or hate it and ended the night with another HGTV show.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...