Sunday, July 31, 2022

Threesome


Osprey

Great Blue Heron

Bald Eagle

6:39

8:36

It's 8:50 as I begin this blog and Evie just came downstairs. I was up at 6:30, of course, paddled for an hour, and had a good morning because I was able to photograph at least two if not three ospreys, a bald eagle, and a great blue heron, thus the threesome.

Kayak Morning






Yesterday, a Saturday, always seems about the same, probably because of my trip to the Transfer Station every Saturday as well as my early morning routine of coffee, kayaking, writing the blog then breakfast, and a short walk. And yesterday was no exception. Before the Transfer Station, however, Evie wanted help doing some weeding around the bushes and trees in our side yard so I helped her with that before driving off with lots of neverending trash. I fit right in with most Americans. I then drove to Hadley Bay and Jeremy was there selling corn so I stopped, and bought a dozen as well as tomatoes. 



By the time I returned home, it was time for lunch, an ear of corn and a bagel with cream cheese, and a couple of slices of tomato. I  watched my show, as true to form, then read and fell asleep with a good nap, waking after an hour. I must have needed it. While I was dozing, Evie was mowing the lawn in stages so that when I walked out, the lawn looked amazing, as always, matching her garden. It's interesting how there's always something to do in a garden if you want but also rewarding. 

Our Neighbor's Granddaughter, Michaela, Celebrating Her Birthday
Evie's Gift, A Dahlia

By 6:00, we were relaxing on the porch with a slab of brie, good crackers, and a drink, enjoying the beauty of a late afternoon on the lake, the blue of the lake always startling in its richness. We dragged out our happy hour until 7:30 and then had dinner, the leftover moussaka, salad, and rolls.  We watched our shows and ended the night with the last of the peach/blueberry crisp with vanilla ice cream, a perfect end to another fine lake day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...