Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Waking To Rain, Again

Frolicking Wood Ducks

6:22

8:21

It's 6:55 and the rain has stopped although the lake is gray, the sky is still dark with rain clouds, and a mist hanging over the shoreline. It is 8:30 and I paddled for close to 50 minutes, under an amazing sky, with lots of clouds but also patches of blue, some sun, and even rain for a few minutes. 

Kayak Morning

Northern Sky

Clouds

Monday was typical in that we had little on our agenda that we had to do. I got in a paddle for close to an hour, wrote the blog, and then was not sure what to do with myself. It was solved when a couple of guys came by to survey our property, the first step in the process of our possibly building a garage. They were here for a couple of hours and were able to find most of the stakes from our previous survey in 1978. My only exercise was a walk up our hill and back, a 15-minute jaunt of just under a mile. I am reading the newest Gabriel Allon book by David Silva, his 22nd and I am pretty sure I have read them all.

Lunch was a couple of egg salad sandwiches on toast and I am now officially into Game of Thrones. It's helped to read a summary of the first two episodes on Wikipedia, so I get things clear.  Around 12:30, my buddy Ron stopped over. He is driving to DC and wanted to know our route through much of the Allegheny Forest and back roads of PA, a much more pleasant drive than #79 to the Pa Turnpike. When he left, Evie took off to Westfield to get X-rays of her knees which have been bothering her. I did little other than reading and napped my usual early afternoon. When Evie returned, I felt guilty about being lazy so I drove over to Bemus, rode my bike for forty-five minutes, then drove to Petersons and picked up another basket of peaches, some tomatoes, and corn. 

Black Locust Trail

We did not get started on dinner until after 6:00 although Evie had the potatoes in the oven since 5:00. She then sauteed some mushrooms, made a salad, and grilled a couple of New York strips for our dinner. Nothing like steaks, mushrooms, baked potatoes, and a salad. We started a film for the second time called Tik Tik Boom but had enough after 15 minutes. I suggested we watch a new series called the Extraordinary Attorney Woo, a heartwarming saga from Korea. Woo is an autistic genius lawyer and because of her, we enjoyed the first two episodes despite their cliches and silliness. She is worth watching. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...