Saturday, August 13, 2022

Clear Skies And Sunny

Wow

6:48

9:22

It's 9:30 as I start this although I was up by 6:50. I can hardly look outside because of the sun's reflection on the lake. It's breezy and 63º, a fine morning. I kayaked down to the Powerboat Club and back, stopping to talk with fellow paddler, Jim, for ten minutes. It was a decent morning for birds, as I was able to photograph both a hawk and heron. 

Kayak Morning

Broad-winged Hawk

 Heron

Friday, Friday, Friday, another Friday at the lake. I paddled, wrote the blog, had breakfast, and was off for a bike ride by 10:00. I parked in Mayville's Park, then rode a couple of miles on Webb's Trail, as far as Rt. 426, then back on Sea Lion Drive, then to my car. After biking, I stopped at Tops and picked up pork chops for dinner, and a dozen ears of corn at the corn stand. I was home by 12:30. I was hungry and had a bowl of corn chowder and the leftover pasta. While I was gone, Evie had been watering some because we hadn't had rain in four for five days.

While I was out and about, I heard many sirens and had no idea what was wrong. When I returned home, Evie told me there had been an assassination attempt on novelist Salman Rushdie's life on the stage of the Chautauqua Institution, which we thought was one of the safest places in the world. No place is safe anymore from these fanatics. 

Biking In Green

We both took it easy in the afternoon, me napping and reading, Evie enjoying the porch. By 4:00, however, we were both in the kitchen, prepping dinner, the marinating for the teriyaki pork chops, rice, salad, and cheesy cauliflower. Once we were done with that, we cleaned both porches, set the table and were ready by 6:00.

Our friend and neighbor, Ken, arrived just after 6:00, with a bottle of nice wine. We filled our wine glasses with a rose, then spent the next hour on the porch, enjoying appetizers and wine. While we were talking, we received a Facetime call from our grandson, Mitch, who now lives in LA. Evie talked with him for ten, then I did as well. He's doing well, working for Arup, a worldwide architectural firm. He's excited about his work which is helping to design a 150,000-foot building for Google. By 7:15, I was grilling the pork chops and we were enjoying our dinner by 7:30, the chops, with salad, rice, and cauliflower. We ended the evening with peach pie in the living room and Ken headed home around 9:15. We cleaned up the kitchen, watched some TV, and went to bed by 10:00, the end to another good day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...