Friday, August 26, 2022

Morning Sun Gives Way To Gray Skies

6:32

7:17

It's 8:30 and we are both up, enjoying our coffee and our devices which have taken the place of the radio or TV in our mornings. I paddled for forty-five minutes, starting out with the weather apps saying there would be no rain for an hour. As I paddled out, thunder rolled in from the north and I got a few drops of rain as I paddled but that was it. The sky, however, turned from morning sunrise to dark clouds and was overcast by the time I returned home. 

Kayak Morning

Threatening Sky

Prancing Heron

Thursday mornings are my busiest mornings because I want to get in a paddle before going off to breakfast in Bemus. So I have to get up early enough to get the paddle in which I neglected to do yesterday so I had to scramble to get in a half-hour paddle because I got up late at 6:50 and had to be at breakfast by 8:00. I was home by 9:10, quickly wrote up the blog and published it by the time I left for yoga at 9:35. Whew. Yoga was fine as usual, with lots of long holding of positions and class seemed to go quickly as I was into it. I didn't stop on the way home but had to sit through two one-way lights twice as they continue to work on the sewers.

Pink Ladies

While I was gone, Evie had been busy in the house and was relaxing on the porch when I got home. She suggested I have the leftover eggplant and tomato pasta for lunch so I pulled it out of the refrigerator and ate it cold. I watched another episode of Game of Thrones and am remembering parts of it since I did watch the first season seven or eight years ago. We both took it easy, again, the rest of the afternoon, not wanting to do much because it was muggy, making it undesirable to sit outside. I tried the side yard but soon returned to the house which was cooler. By 4:00, I had enough sitting around reading so I went for walk up Victoria to #394 and back, 1.3 miles and it took me a half hour. It's a perfect short walk because most of it is in the shade. 

We relaxed on the front porch as the afternoon began to cool until 6:30 when Evie fried up a couple of burgers and I zapped a couple of ears of corn in the microwave and that was our dinner. We watched a couple of episodes of the Extraordinary Attorney Woo because we could not find a film we wanted to watch. We ended the night with this past Sunday's CBS Sunday Morning. As usual, it was interesting and eclectic with its stories. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...