Sunday, August 14, 2022

Chillin In The Morning

6:51

It's 8:40 and I just returned from a 50-minute paddle and Evie, lucky gal, just got up. It was 57º when I woke, great sleeping weather but now it's 63º, should stay in the 70s during the day, great Sunday weather. I chased off an osprey but was able to photograph two different herons, hanging up in trees, preening themselves.

Kayak Morning

Paddling North

A Great Blue Heron


Got An Itch

Feels Better

Yesterday was a typical Saturday, get in a paddle, have breakfast, and write the blog before 9:30. It was then time to gather the trash and I was off to the Transfer Station. When I returned, Evie was feeling off so I did a couple of things outside as well as inside, cleaning up the kitchen and straightening up the living room, vacuuming things like that which did not take long.

My lunch was easy, a bowl of corn chowder and I watched my show before napping briefly and reading my book. At 3:00, Penny, a good friend from Erie, stopped over and we had a nice time, catching up on both of our lives. We keep saying we will meet Cle and her in Erie but never do it. Well, Penny did it this time, calling and stopping over. We should be better friends. 

When she left, we relaxed on the porch, with a glass of wine, enjoying the quiet lake and neighborhood. It makes me wonder if summer is over for most people and just the fishermen remain. Dinner was easy, heating up the leftover pork chops, cheesy cauliflower, and rice and it was just as good as the night before. We watched an always informative and amusing Real Time With Bill Maher then two more episodes of Seaside Hotel before bed. 

August Moon


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...