Tuesday, August 16, 2022

A Welcome Rain

7:32 And Raining

It's 7:00 as I look out the window at the grayness of morning and listen to the rhythm of the falling rain. It's been at least a week to ten days since we have had rain so it's welcome this morning even if I miss kayaking. It's still raining at 8:00 and I don't feel like donning my rain suit so I am skipping a paddle for the first time since April unless we were on the road. 

Monday was a surprisingly busy day for me. As always, I paddled for close to an hour and came home to the blog and breakfast. Evie had a doctor's appointment in Mayville at 10:10 so I went with her but brought my bike so I could ride the Portage Trail while she was in the office. I figured it would take just about an hour and I was correct as she walked out just as I returned. On the way home, we stopped at Tops and picked up a few things for dinner. 

Bike/Hiking Trail

The Woods

A Pond

When we returned it was lunchtime, so I heated up the last of the corn chowder as well as Sunday night's fried rice and watched what I think might be the penultimate Peaky Blinders episode. Tommy looks drained and Michael is ready to revenge on the death of his mother which he blames on Tommy. I started a new book by Michael Robotham, an English novelist. The main character is a psychiatrist, dealing with the onslaught of Parkinson's disease. So far, I like it.  At 3:15, I left Evie in the garden, watering and pulling weeds, and drove to Greenhurst to get headlights for my Subaru. I brought along my bike so while they put in new bulbs to the tune of 180 bucks, I rode my bike on the Jamestown Riverwalk Trail for forty-five minutes,  running into my neighbors, Barb and Jim, also out for a bike ride. On my ride, I was impressed by Jamestown's new handicapped canoe/kayak launch near the Subaru dealer and across the street from Mc Crea Point, they have built a cement skateboard park. How neat. On the way home, I stopped at Peterson's and picked up peaches and tomatoes, both in season and delicious.

Handicapped Canoe/Kayak Launch

Skate Board Park Next To The Chadokoin River

When I returned, Evie was through with the garden and we decided to enjoy a libation on the front porch with horseradish cheese and crackers. The sky was a threatening gray, with shades of gray but it didn't rain until later in the evening. 

6:54 PM

We decided earlier on a simple dinner, Sahlen hot dogs and Bob Evans Mac N Cheese. I volunteered to make dinner, browning the dogs and heating up the Mac N Cheese in a microwave. What a guy. We watched Jeopardy and a couple more episodes of Seaside Hotel before bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...