Thursday, August 18, 2022

Good Morning Sunshine

Best Friends

7:41

8:45

I woke to fog and clouds but now, at 7:20, the sun is out, the sky is blue, although fog hangs along the shoreline and there's a weather alert to heavy fog on the roads in the area. It's a chilly 55º, great sleeping weather which may be why I slept in until 7:00.  It's 8:50, Evie's up and I just returned from a forty-five-minute paddle, fog in the distance but not on our side of the lake.

Kayak Morning


Into The Fog

Osprey

Icelandic Gull?

Heron

Yesterday went quickly for some reason. Before I knew it, we were having dinner at our neighbor's house. The day started as it always does, with a paddle, blog, and breakfast. Rather than go for a bike ride, I suggested we drive over to Bemus and walk out to Long Point and back. It appealed to Evie who wants to follow her brother in laws footsteps, and try to walk 200 steps every couple of hours, a good way to get in shape. We walked much further, close to a mile, on a lovely morning. We were home by noon and I was already hungry, so I microwaved an ear of corn and enjoyed another quarter of a sub from Wegmans. I started a new series, Justified, which I know I watched a few episodes of years ago. We will see if I stick with it.

Long Point Trail

The afternoon went quickly as well, reading, a nap, and helping Evie in the kitchen who was making both a tomato/corn pie, cole slaw, and fried chicken for our potluck dinner next door. At 4:15, I drove over to my good friend, Joe's house, as our breakfast club gathered on his patio for beers. I was home by 6:00, in time to go next door for wine, then a great dinner, not only Evie's fixins but Kathy's stuffed shells, sausages, and salad as well. 

Good Friends And Neighbors

It was fun catching up with everyone even though they live next door. Both of us end up so busy with family that we don't get together enough. We decided it might be fun to do it every Wednesday if we are not busy. We were home by 8:30, in time to watch another episode of the final season of Seaside Hotel before bed.  Another good day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...