Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Bright Sunny Day

Dahlia

6:29

8:43

It's just 7:00 and the cloud banks have disappeared and the sunlight is now filling our living room and it looks like a fine but warm day, with highs in the 80s. It's 9:00 as we finish this, after an hour paddle to Long Point, across to Sandy Bottom and home. 

Kayak Morning

Osprey

Take Off

Heron

Another Osprey

Yesterday we both took it easy, thinking about our road trip this weekend but doing little about it other than thinking what we are going to wear to both the rehearsal dinner and wedding. Once that was done, we could relax. I got in an early paddle because I had a car appointment at 9:00 in Niobe, about a 16-mile drive. Finn works primarily on Subaru's and his parking area is filled with them. I dropped off my car and then went for a forty-five-minute walk, to a dead-end road where the bridge is no longer functioning.

Niobe

There's also a neat little greenhouse that I have been to before and the lady that runs it was out watering so I ended up buying a couple of indoor plants and a pot of Italian parsley, something Evie always needs. I was on my way home by 10:30 and my Subaru is now ready for a 1000-mile road trip to Traverse City, Michigan and back.

Afternoon Sun And Clouds

Deep Purple

Tangerine? 

When I got home, Evie was ready to shop, wanting to get it done and get home to enjoy the afternoon, I had an ear of corn and a bagel with cream cheese and tomatoes for lunch and watched my show. I started a new book, my seventh in William Kent Krueger's Cork O' Connor series and it felt good to get back to this series, like settling down in a comfortable chair. Of course, I took a brief nap and when I woke, Evie was already in the sideyard relaxing.  I joined her for a while then went out on the dock at about 5:00 and took the cover off the boat. Since Evie's Zoom call with her sisters was canceled, we went for a cruise over to Bemus and back, as the wind settled down, making it an enjoyable ride. 

Docking It

Evie And Me

We were home by 6:30 and enjoying a leftover dinner of shoyu chicken, rice, corn, and macaroni salad by 7:00. It was just as good if not better than the night before. We watched a couple of episodes of Seaside Hotel before going up to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...