Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Sun Shiny Day


7:14

It's 7:15 as I start this, late because I slept in until 6:45. The sun keeps popping in and out from behind the various clouds on a pleasantly cool 60º morning. I paddled for close to an hour but saw no osprey or herons, perhaps because I was later than usual. 

Kayak Morning

Tuesday was back to normal. I started the day with a forty-five-minute paddle, a couple of good photos, then the blog and breakfast. By 9:00, I was off to a yoga class until 11:00. Then, I drove down to my tax person and we finally figured out why there was a discrepancy in my taxes for the past two years. I will have to refile an amended form and probably will have to pay something. On the way home, I stopped at Peterson's Farm and picked up a basket of their peaches as they are in season and delicious.


When I returned home, Evie was ready to go shopping because Tuesday was 5% day at Wegman's. I had the leftover chicken salad sandwich for lunch and an ear of corn watched another episode of Peaky Blinders and was happy. I finished Thunder Bay by William Kent Krueger and started another Dismas Hardy book by John Lescroart. Of course, I fell asleep reading because I was up around 5:30. After my nap, I got down to work because my new Mac Air had arrived. I called Apple and got some help in migrating all my information from my old Mac Air to the new one. It was easy, just took a couple of hours and viola, I have a new Mac Air, with twice the memory of my old one and a new chip. Other than those two things, it's not much different from my old Mac.

Dining Al Fresco

Evie arrived home around 3:00 and I helped her unpack and put away the groceries, as my Macs were migrating. I read some on the dock and fished a bit before showering around 6:00 because we were going out to dinner with Linda and Ron at Stella's in Lakewood. We arrived at 7:00 and were able to get a table outside. Unfortunately, our waitress warned us that the kitchen was short so that we might have to wait longer than usual for our dinners. Maybe that's why we went through two bottles of wine. We liked our dinners, calamari for an appetizer, and I had pork schnitzel and Evie lasagna. It was a perfect night to be outside. We left around 9:30, happy and full. We were tired enough by the time we got home that we went up to bed to read some before sleep, a fun night. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...