Thursday, August 11, 2022

A Fall Like 57º Morning

6:39

9:05

It's gray and overcast with hardly a boat on the lake this morning. Could summer be winding down already and it's still August? It's 9:15 as I finish this and just returned from breakfast at the Lake Life Cafe in Bemus and I am on to yoga in twenty minutes.

Kayak Morning

Paddling Into The Sun

Yesterday we both hung out but got things done. I paddled, wrote the blog, and then did a few things outside. I trimmed a tree branch, climbing my 20-foot ladder, using my new mini saw powered by a battery. I also set up the watering system for Evie and weeded the northside of our house, where this terrible vine tends to climb and choke out the rhododendrons unless we keep up with it. I worked up enough of a sweat to want to go for a swim but took the cover off my boat instead. Meanwhile, Evie worked in her garden and I did some trimming with the weed whacker.

For lunch, Evie made me a Wienerschnitzel sandwich, with tomatoes and mayo and I heated up an ear of corn in the microwave. I then watched Peaky Blinders, read some, and napped briefly. By then Evie was finished outside relaxing some before putting together a marinade for our salmon dinner and making a tomato sauce with our leftover tomatoes, with mushrooms, and Italian sausage. I mentioned how corn chowder might taste good so she said if I would drive to Tops and pick up some bacon, she would make up a nice big pot, which she did, sharing it with our neighbor, Bill. Once all that was done, we were able to enjoy a glass of wine on the porch before dinner.

We had the salmon, rice, and garlic spinach, our go-to salmon dinner, and watched our show Seaside Hotel which is taking quite a different turn as I assume some of the cast are not returning for Season Seven. We watched some Colbert before bed.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...