Saturday, August 6, 2022

Traverse City, Michigan

Ania And Ian, Soon To Be Betrothed

It's 8:30 and a miracle just happened. I slept until 8:20, getting close to ten hours of sleep. I can't remember ever having slept in this late since I retired. And I wasn't drunk! It's going to be another gorgeous but crazy hot day with temperatures reaching 90º just about the time of the wedding. 

Traverse Bay

We left Ann Arbor at 9:00 and were on the road until 1:30, another seemingly long ride but only four plus hours. We passed by cities I heard of, Flint, Saginaw, and Cadilac until we arrived in a very crowded Traverse City, one of the US's most popular vacation spots I would think. Set on Traverse Bay, part of lake Michigan, it seems like everyone wants to visit this area so there's lots of traffic, especially along the Bay where we are staying, at a cottage at the Anchor Inn. 

Anchor Inn Cottages

Once we arrived, we relaxed some, then braved the traffic to pick up a sandwich for lunch. I decided to go for a swim but it took me a good five minutes to cross the street to the beach because of traffic. The water was amazing, as I walked out at least fifty yards and it was till clear and just up to my waist. 

The Best Man, Pat, And The Groom's Mom, Barb

Evie, Barb, And Ethel, Barb's Cousin

The Jamestown, NY, Gang

After my swim, it was time to get ready for the rehearsal dinner at 5:00. The venue The Bregman Brothers Winery, set a half mile in from the bay, on a hill. They had a big tent set up for dining and terrace where a couple of bars were set up for wine, beer, or mixed drinks. We stood around talking with the few people we knew other than the groom's family and met many new faces which was fun. Dinner was a buffet, with salad, rice, charcuterie, walleye, and tenderloin, with pastries for dessert. I talked lots of basketball and golf with Mike, his brother, Bill, both avid golfers. Evie talked with many of Barb's family, all of whom grew up in Jamestown, NY. It was a fun night, ending with a photo of me with a number of  Reserve students, most of whom I taught. It was crazy to see them all grown, some married, even with children. We were home by 10:30 and were both asleep by 11:00, the end of a good day.

Reserve Students


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...