Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Overcast And Humid

A Great Blue Heron This Morning

6:51

It's 6:50 and I have been up for a half hour. It's still close in the house so I am sitting on the front porch where it must be 15º cooler than in the house, at 66º with a light breeze. We received maybe an eighth of an inch of rain, just enough to wet Evie's garden.  It's 8:20 as we finish this. I kayaked for 35 minutes, cutting my paddle short because of the wind, the chop on my way back home.

Kayak Morning

Looking For Breakfast

Monday was a day of mostly large leisure for both of us because there was little we had nor wanted to do. I did kayak and it felt good to be back out on the lake, a surprisingly empty lake, in fact, it was that way most of the day. We are not complaining. Around 10:00, it was starting to cloud up so I decided to get in a bike ride. I drove down to Mayville and rode Sea Lion Drive to Hartfield and back. Just as I was returning to the park, it started to rain so it was good timing. I was out for only forty five minutes as a result, just right. On my way home, I picked up a dozen ears of corn at the Mayville Park stand, then stopped at the Lighthouse for a chicken salad sub for lunch.

Mayville Drizzle

When I returned home, Evie was in heaven as our neighbor's two grandchildren, Arlo and Louie, we over to play with Evie. In fact, according to their Grandma, they woke at 6:30 and wondered why they couldn't go over to Evie's house.  They colored some pirate masks Evie had bought, played with some toys Evie had out, and chased balloons in the yard until 12:30. Evie loved it. I had my lunch and watched the first episode of the final season of Peaky Blinders and it's clear, that either Tommy or Michael is going to be dead by the end of the series. I then took a great nap as I was tired from getting up at 5:30. We both then relaxed in the yard or on the dock, reading, or getting a few things done in the garden. I fished for a few minutes, caught a nice rock bass, then read some and went for a swim to cool off as it was in the 80s and humid.  Around 6:00, we enjoyed a drink on the porch along with pretzels and dip and marveled at how empty the lake was, how quiet the neighborhood as well. For dinner, Evie pulled the vegetarian curry we had last Wednesday and we had it over rice along with delicious ears of corn. We watched a couple of episodes of Seaside Hotel and we are liking it much more than we thought. By 10:00, we were ready for bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...