Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Morning Gray

6:50

7:53

It's 6:30 as I start this, a mostly cloudy morning, windless, and 67º. We received a quarter of an inch of rain overnight, enough to give the garden a good watering. It's 8:15 and I am off to Finns, my Suburu guy in twenty minutes. I did get in a fifty-minute paddle, and photographed the same heron in two different places.

Kayak Morning

Eastern Sky

Enjoying A Dock

Heron In A Tree

Monday was a good way to start the week, sunny, and breezy, a perfect day to be outside. So I kayaked as usual, wrote the blog, went for a short walk, and ate.  By 10:00, I was on my way to Greenhurst, where I parked my bike and began Jamestown's Riverside Trail. It's an asphalt-covered trail, following the Chadokoin River for a couple of miles, leading into the city, ending at Mc Crea Point where the Chautauqua Belle is now docked. I then road into downtown, then along the river and back, stopping for coffee on 3rd street. I then biked back to my car and drove to Lakewood, dropping four pairs of old glasses off at Spectrum Eyecare. I then did a quick run through Aldi's and dropped checks off at the Chautauqua Lake Association from neighbors, supporting a clean lake.

Mc Crea Point

Downtown Jamestown River Walk

Stopped For Coffee

Riverwalk To Jamestown

I was home by 12:30 and Evie was out on the dock, enjoying the sun. For lunch, she made me a couple of salami sandwiches and I watched what else, Season Five of Peaky Blinders. I am into my book but quickly fell asleep early afternoon. Evie had been gardening but when I walked outside, she was in the side yard, on a chaise lounge. I decided to do some lake weeding for a bit, went for a swim then joined her in the yard until it was time to start dinner. 

A Stellar Afternoon

We were having a Hawaiian Drive In plate dinner, shoyu chicken, Hawaiian macaroni salad, and rice. Earlier, Evie had found the recipe for the original Hawaiian macaroni salad and made it in the morning. The chicken was marinated in shoyu sauce, soy and ginger, and garlic. She baked it in the oven, turning it three or four times, then browning it for the last ten minutes. Dinner was to die for, straight out of my memories of enjoying it at Kenny Kaneshiros Jolly Roger Drive-In. By the way, Kenny sponsored our basketball team in the Armed Services League, a good guy. We watched a new film on Netflix called Purple Heart. We thought it would be cheesy but we both really enjoyed it, a nice surprise.

Fawns In Woodlawn


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...