Saturday, August 20, 2022

Waking To The Roar Of Bass Boats

Dahlia - Lucky Number

Back Porch

7:09

It's 9:13 as I start this, having paddled for just about an hour. The sun is so bright I can hardly look out at the lake, its reflection on its surface. Evie and I were briefly awakened by the roar of bass boats at 6:00, as a tournament began. Luckily. we were both able to get back to sleep.

7:09

An Old Guy

A Cormorant In A Hurry

Friday was like any other day although it did not seem like a Friday to both of us for some reason. My day began as usual with a paddle, breakfast, and the blog. I had an appointment with a dermatologist at 11:30 so I drove to Lakewood, parked my bike, and rode for forty-five minutes before driving to my brief appointment. I found out my rash was poison ivy, alas, itchy and scaly for the past week. Afterward, I went to Wegmans to pick up an anti-itch cream and a few other items. 

When I returned home, Evie was next door talking with the ladies so I HAD to make my own lunch, bummer. I warmed up the leftover chicken and pasta and was happy, watching another episode of Justified because I was too lazy to start something else. I then read and napped and Evie, tired I assume from our marathon on Thursday, also spent most of the afternoon relaxing until 5:00 when I took the cover off the boat and went for a ride over to Bemus and back, a beautiful afternoon for a cruise. 

For dinner, Evie fried up a couple of burgers, and leftovers, stuffed shells, corn and tomatoes pie, and cole slaw. Everything tasted good and we were hungry. We watched the last episode of Season 8 of Seaside Hotel, alas, loved it, and now have to find something else to watch. We ended the night with an HGTV show and Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. I wonder how many, like us, dislike the show when Guy has his son on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...