Saturday, July 23, 2022

Tired And Depressed

6:19

8:16

It's 8:30, I just returned from a fifty-minute paddle on a beautiful lake morning. So why am I depressed? Probably because it feels like summer is over, the family has come and gone, and now it's just the two of us which is not so bad, really. I guess it's just one of those days where you wake up tired, not really wanting to do anything but nevertheless, I was out kayaking, am writing the blog, will drive to the Transfer Station, shop some, and get things done around the house. So, stop it, enjoy the dahlias, life is good. It's all in the head.  I feel better already.

Kayak Morning

Mallard Preening

Yesterday seemed to go quickly for some reason and though we did not do much, we seemed to be busy on and off all day. The morning went as usual, with a paddle, breakfast, and the blog.  I knew there were a few things I wanted to get done but did not get to them until 10:30 or 11:00. Basically, I started bringing in summer things we no longer needed, extra chairs, buoys, rakes, floats, things like that. I put them up in the garage attic and did some hedge trimming and by the time I got these few things done, I had worked up enough of a sweat that I went for a swim to cool off. When I dried off and came in, Evie had my lunch ready, toasted cheese and salami sandwiches and I watched my show.

The rest of the afternoon was so uncomfortably hot that neither one of us did much other than look for a cool couch or chair, turn on the fan and read or nap. Neither one of us are fans of the 'dog days of summer,' usually, the hottest days, and yesterday's high of 89º was no exception. We did find a respite around 5:00, as we enjoyed a glass of wine on the front porch, enjoying a nice breeze along with the ceiling fan.

Dinner was breaded pork chops, salad, green beans, baked potatoes, and applesauce. We loved it almost as if we were hungering for a pork chop dinner for weeks. We watched some news, then Jeopardy, and restarted our series on PBS, Seaside Hotel. We are on Season Four; it's a bit silly at times,  predictable, the acting over the top, but still fun and worth watching.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...