Sunday, July 24, 2022

Let It Rain (But It Didn't)

7:13

7:42

8:52

It's later than usual, 8:47 as I start the blog because I actually slept in til 7:00.  I was out on the lake hoping to kayak in the rain by 7:45. The weather apps said it would rain for an hour so I was excited to be out there, in my lime green slicker. I paddled out in light rain and within five minutes, the rain stopped proving the weather apps don't know sheets. There were few boats out, however, and I could spot good old Buddy, the heron, sitting in the tree just above the reeds.  I just checked the weather app and it was not supposed to rain till late afternoon. Guess, what it just started to rain albeit for five minutes.

Ready For Rain

Kayak Morning

Got An Itch, Buddy

Yesterday Evie was tres busy for most of the day, me, mostly in the morning. As usual, I was up early and tired by noon, ready for lunch and a nap. Our early morning task was to make a Wegman's shopping list and gather the trash, lots of it. By 10:00 I was off to the Transfer Station and, unfortunately, when I went to throw my bag in the dumpster, it broke open, the trash spilling over the ground. The worker, however, laughed, brought out a shovel and threw it in the bin. A good start to the day. When I got home, the list was done and I was off, first, to return cans and plastic bottles. It was a mess, the guys working outside because the inside was filled with bags of bottles and cans. I made $9.50 and should split it three ways with my kids but I decided to say the heck with it. 

Full House

Sorting Cans And Plastic Bottles

I then drove to Wegman's rueing the day as the line of cars on#394 never seemed to stop and Wegman's was packed as well although they did have almost every aisle open.  I ran into a high school friend of my sister Ellen's, up for the weekend with her family at Maple Springs, where she used to go with her family. On the way home, I stopped at Jeremy's corn stand and bought a dozen and a basket of tomatoes.

I drove home thinking about how good a tomato and mayo sandwich would be on toasted sourdough bread, After unloading the car, Evie made me two sandwiches,  keeping half for herself and microwaving the corn and I had a delicious lunch, so delicious that we both decided that would be our dinner. While I was gone, Evie was working in her garden, weeding and pulling out some of the dahlias which she did not like. For most of the afternoon she also kept busy and ended the day by mowing the lawn. I did nothing but relax in the cool of our living room, usually on the couch, starting a couple of books, trying to find something I liked. 

Strange, A Solitary Canadian Goose

We showered and walked over to our neighborhood gathering ad 5:00. It's our second gathering of the year and fewer than usual showed up. Still, it was fun to see neighbors that are usually busy with family like us. We returned home around 6:30, enjoyed a glass of wine on the porch until 7:30, then had tomato sandwiches along with a couple of ears of corn, just as good as we thought. We watched Seaside Hotel and an HGTV show before bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...