Monday, July 25, 2022

Sleeping Through A Storm

6:17

6:17

6:19

8:07

It's 8:20, sunny, windy, and I was out for a 50-minute bizarre paddle, starting out in a cloudy sky, then a bit of sun, then dark, threatening clouds and rain for a few minutes, before the wind picked up and I had a rough paddle home. And when I came downstairs at 6:15, I checked the rain gauge and to my surprise, we got at least two inches of rain overnight and I had no idea it rained. 

Kayak Morning

Divided Sky

Yesterday was another uncomfortably warm day, the highs in the 80s. After kayaking and breakfast, I knew Evie had a few things she wanted to do and I wanted to get in a bike ride before it became too hot. So I was off to Mayville by 10:00, biked Webb's Trail, Sea Lion Drive, and the Mayville path for close to an hour and it was a good time to ride because a nice breeze kept me cool. I stopped at the Lighthouse Grocery and picked up a pound of breakfast sausage, for either breakfast or dinner. I wanted to cool off with a swim but spent a good half hour pulling weeds along with their roots out of the lake. It probably will make no difference but there was still some satisfaction in filling a crate up with weeds.  I then went for a swim to cool off and when I came in, Evie had a Turkish menemen (omelet) and bagel ready for my lunch. It was just like the kind I remember in Turkey, highly seasoned and a bit runny, with tomatoes and feta cheese. I watched my show, of course, and am on Season Four of Peaky Blinders.




We both relaxed most of the afternoon although Evie put together our dinner, roasted eggplant, tomatoes, and pasta. I read and napped, then did a few things in the yard before taking another bucket of weeds up the hill to the wood pile. For much of the afternoon, we were alerted to heavy storm warnings. It would darken but then clear up as we sat on the front porch, waiting for it to rain, with a glass of wine and good cheese with crackers. It did rain briefly early evening. We had dinner around 7:30 and the pasta, eggplant, and tomatoes was the best. We devoured it so there's little left for my lunch today. I am not sure what made it different from the other times Evie made it but last night was amazing. We watched CBS Sunday Morning, then an episode of Seaside Hotel before going up to be around 10:00. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...