Friday, July 1, 2022

More Like Summer

Bald Eagle In A Victoria Pine

5:58

6:34

It's 6:01 and I start this, the sun just beginning to rise through the clouds and it's 64º already, the high in the 80s later in the day. I was up by 5:15 and a few boats were out fishing, no doubt scaring away the birds I hope to photograph when I start my paddle.  I was out for an hour, a beautiful morning, warming up as I paddled home,

Kayak Morning


Into The Sun

Paddling Along Tom's Point

Squawking Great BlueHeron

Strike The Pose

Kingfisher

Ready For Take-Off

Yesterday was a busy day for Evie. After a quick kayak and breakfast, we drove to Jamestown where Evie had a molar removed at 9:00. While she was in the dentist's chair, I shopped at Tops for our 4th of July dinner, picking up what we needed. Evie did fine and we were home by 11:00.  She iced her cheek for the next hour before driving off to Lakewood, to Jaret's, to get her hair cut and color.  That took a while but she managed it well enough to do a big shopping at Wegman's, again, stocking up on staples for our kids' arrival next weekend.

While she was out, I had soup and a bagel with cream cheese and tomato for lunch, then took it easy the rest of the day because I woke up with a sore lower back.  I must have slept on it wrong so I took a couple of Advil and did a few yoga poses on and off during the day and it feels much better today. Evie returned around 3:30 and we put away all the groceries, the relaxed until dinner time,

We had the leftover eggplant pasta and a salad for dinner and we finally finished it off.  We watched a couple of episodes on Netflix called Heartstopper, about two gay boys growing up in an English Prep School.  And finished the night as usual with Jeopardy and another couple of episodes of Seaside Hotel. I was happy to get back to my book, Vladimir by Julia May Jonas which I really like.

Finally, I am beginning to feel like an outlier in my own country.  I don't believe carrying or owning a gun is a constitutional right (unless you are in a militia).  I disagree with the court's decision to limit women's rights.  I believe religion should remain in the church, not in the political arena or on the football field.  If you want to send your child to a religious school, fine, just don't ask my tax dollars to subsidize it.  And finally, global warming is real and the court's limitations on climate fighting tools is absolute craziness, accelerating the death of life on our planet. 

The religious right has taken over our courts and political system, moving us closer to a theocracy.   A majority of Americans would disagree with most of the court's rulings over the past couple of weeks. And although many might disagree with my thinking, we might agree on the following: more access to guns, equal more deaths; limiting abortion access also means more deaths. There, I got it off my chest.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...