Sunday, July 3, 2022

A Delightful Lake Morning

5:33

5:35

6:06

8:10

It's 8:20, the sun is filling the lake with its reflection and we are both up enjoying the morning. Evie just got up and I have been up since 5:30 and kayaked for over an hour, meeting up with Tina and Jim and their daughter, out early like me.

Kayak Morning

North

Saturday was a busy day on the lake because of the holiday but for us, it was a typical Saturday.  After kayaking and the blog, we got a few things done before gathering the trash and I drove off to the Transfer Station. I then drove over to the Bemus Point Grocery and picked up ziti pasta so Evie could finish making the baked ziti. So that gave her something to do the rest of the morning, one with regular pasta, one with gluten-free for some of our family. I was bored so I did what I usually do when bored if it's a sunny day, I jump in the lake and cut weeds for a half hour or more depending on my mood. So far, our swimming area seems fine and our kids will love it. 

I had another wrap on lavash with hummus, tomatoes, cucumbers, and hard-boiled egg, healthy and tasty. I watched my show and since I was up so early, I was looking forward to a nap and slept for over an hour, waking refreshed. I then helped out in the kitchen, as Evie was through with her cooking. She's the cook, I'm the bottle and pan washer up,

We relaxed most of the afternoon although I decided to get the mail and ended up walking up the hill for some exercise. It's just over a half a mile, half of it uphill so it's a good walk. Evie finished up working in the garden, transplanting the basket into a window box. It was 6:00 by the time we were on the porch, enjoying our weekly Manhattan and cheese and crackers. Lake traffic had slowed down and it was another fine early evening for enjoying a libation. Dinner was easy as we had cleaned out the freezer and found a container of sloppy joes. They would not be complete without pickles and potato chips and a Pepsi so both of us were happy. We watched our shows, ending the evening with another episode of Seaside Hotel. My book, Vladimir took a strange turn but quickly righted itself so I continue to enjoy it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...