Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Another Full Day

6:25

6:48

I just returned from an hour-plus paddle, my usual route. The wind was unpredictable, making it choppy to cross the lake but then it settled down and was easy kayaking. It's 8:30, and I have been up since 6:00 and Evie since 8:00. The morning is overcast, looking like rain but it's not predicted. 

Kayak Morning

Satisfying An Itch

Yesterday was a busy day, like most days, as we are getting ready for our kid's arrival on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. While I think we are all set, Evie inevitably comes up with more things we need to do and that's what fills our day. I do get in my fun, however, a paddle early, and yoga class later. I was peeved (very un yoga-like) because someone had moved my yoga mat from its perch on the wall. It's about seven feet up a wall and few can reach that high but someone took my mat down and put theirs in its place. Not for long because I put my mat back.  And that was my hissy fit of the day.

I did not linger after class, stopping briefly at a hardware store to pick up some Japanese beetle spray because the beetles are devasting our hydrangea vine. When I returned home, Evie was going shopping, hitting a couple of stores, and making sure we have everything imaginable for the next week. Before she left, however, she made me tuna sandwiches with tomatoes, then put them under the broiler. I watched my show, read some, and even napped. She was off by1:00 and didn't return until 4:00, texting me that Wegman's was a zoo, the checkout lines taking forever. I am glad skipped it. I did get some things done, spraying the hydrangea with Sevin. l also gassed up the boat and went in the lake and cut weeds for a half-hour while Evie was on a Zoom call with her sisters.

Dinner was great, the leftover pork should, pork ribs, potato salad, coleslaw, baked beans, and lemon/lime pie, an after-July fourth feast. There seems to be a famine of good shows on TV so we are thankful that we are enjoying Seaside Hotel, especially since there are eight seasons and we are only on Season Three.  After a couple of episodes, we had enough, watched Jeopardy and some news before going to bed.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...