Wednesday, July 27, 2022

A Delightful Lake Morning

Celebrating Ron's Birthday

6:26

8:55

It's after 9:00 as  I write this. Evie's up and I just returned from an hour and a half paddle to Long Point, Tom's Point, and home.  A nice breeze blows in our window, on a pleasant 67º morning. It should get up to 75º later, our kind of weather.

Kayak Morning

Tom's Point

Osprey Stare

Heron Among The Leaves

Yesterday was much like today, sunny and temperatures in the 70s. I got in my paddle, then was off to yoga class by 9:10. After a good class, my aching back felt much better and I was off to Wegman's to pick up a few groceries for nearly ninety bucks. On the way home, my favorite corn stand was open so I bought a baker's dozen for seven bucks, a dollar more than last year but cheaper than many other stands. I also went downtown, stopped at AAA, picked up some brochures on Traverse City, MI, where we will be attending a friend's wedding next weekend.  While I was downtown, I stopped at my favorite vegetarian restaurant, The Labyrinth Press, and bought a Southwestern wrap, enough for two lunches,

For lunch, I roasted an ear of corn in the microwave and had my wrap as I started Season Five of Peaky Blinders. We both took it easy the rest of the afternoon because we were going out to dinner. I finished my book, a silly ending and unexpected. I guess the two live happily ever after finding out that they murdered his wife for no reason, that she was not guilty of killing her two daughters. Evie was able to enjoy sitting out in the yard, in the shade of our trees.

Kitchen Sisters

By 6:00, Evie had given me a trim and talked on a Zoom call with her sisters. We were both showered, and on our way to Linda and Ron's, to celebrate his birthday. Ron loved his present, a pickleball tee shirt, especially his birthday cat card. We sat on the front porch enjoying a glass or two of wine and appetizers before sitting down to a great Italian dinner of quennels and tomatoes stuffed with meatballs. With a salad and French bread we had a feast.  We sat at the table for once, talking about the past couple of weeks and perhaps boring our hosts as Evie and I went down memory lane with tales of our time in Turkey. We enjoyed a peach and ice cream dessert before going home by 9:45. It was a good way to end the day.

An Italian Feast


3 comments:

  1. PJH: where are you staying in Traverse City? How long will you be there. I will share all our fav spots. Rich and Sally going up there this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be there from Friday the 5th to Sunday the 7th, the wedding on Saturday. Let us know you favorite spots; we might stay longer. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...