Tuesday, July 5, 2022

After The Fourth

Top Of The Morning

6:10

It's an overcast morning and we are expecting it to rain sometime in the next hour or two. I hope to squeeze a paddle in between showers. I was fortunate to be out for an hour paddle and just as I returned, I felt rain drops. 

Kayak Morning

A Slash Of Color

Yesterday did not seem like the fourth, not that I know exactly why that is. For us, it was an ordinary day until 6:00 when Linda and Ron arrived for dinner and to watch the fireworks. As usual, I got in a paddle and though we had lots to do,  I felt the need to get in a bike ride so off I went to Bemus and rode in Long Point State Parke to Sunset Bay as well and noticed people out in their front yards and wondered why until I reached the end of the road and discovered why. Their neighborhood was having a parade, led by a couple of fire engines. It was neat to see.

Sunset Bay Parade

Why I Love Riding In The Woods

I was home by 11:00 and helped get our house and yard ready for the evening, moving chairs around, cleaning the porch, things like that, and working up enough of a sweat that I took a dip before lunch. I had the leftover pork and rice watched my show, and tried to nap but couldn't. Evie had made both a pie and coleslaw in the morning, so she had most of our dinner ready. Around 2:00, we pulled out the ribs, covered them with a rub, wrapped them in tinfoil and put them in the oven to cook for four hours. Evie then mowed the yard while I relaxed and read, did a couple of things, like weed the path before dinner,

Ribs And Friends

Linda and Ronn arrived at 6:00 and we sat on the front porch because it seemed cooler than the yard. Linda brought over a nice organic white wine, so we enjoyed that along with popcorn and spicy cashews. For dinner, Linda made her famous potato salad to go along with the ribs, coleslaw, and beans. It was a feast and the ribs turned out pretty good. We were serenaded during dinner by our next-door neighbor, Dennis, and his band and they played on the porch of Pine Hill for the neighborhood. Just as it got dark, we enjoyed Evie's lime/lemon pie topped with whipped cream, lit the flares, and watched the fireworks until 10:30 when everything seemed to stop.  Linda and Evie had done up most of the dishes so we had it easy after they left, watching some TV before going up to bed. It turned out to be a fun day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...