Tuesday, July 26, 2022

A Welcome Morning Chill

5:55

7:02

8:21

It's 6:20 on a 57º morning, great sleeping weather, with a partly cloudy sky, even some pink. It looks like a pleasant summer day, highs just in the 70s, the way we like it. I was out for an hour, a nice cool morning, a few boats, and no birds, alas. Where have they gone? It's been a couple of paddles and I have not seen any other than seagulls. 

Kayak Morning

 Northern Sky

Mess Of Clouds

Yesterday was also cool, never getting up into the 80s. I got in a good paddle although the weather was so changeable that I got a brief shower, then a windy paddle home. Evie was leaving at 10:30 for a hair appointment and shopping, so I drove to Hogan's and filled up two five-gallon gas cans for my boat. When she left, I gassed up my boat, using a siphon, making it easy. Then, having nothing really that I had to do, I split some wood for fires although we rarely have them. Fire in summer seems redundant and people should wait till fall with cool weather. By noon, I was hungry, so I heated up the leftover eggplant and tomato pasta and watched my show. 

A Busy Bee

I then read and am still not taken with my book, Verity by Colleen Hoover but I keep reading. Evie didn't get home until 2:30 and by then, I was ready to do something. So I drove off and shoveled gravel into five buckets and used it to fill potholes on our road.  It should last until winter when the snowplow comes. After that, we did little, other than relaxing either on the dock or in the side yard until it became too cool so we adjourned to the porch for a spritzer.

Dinner was breakfast sausage, fried eggs, toast, and fresh corn on the cob. As they say, it hit the spot. We watched our usual programs along with a CBS Sunday Morning from a couple of weeks ago. We ended the evening with Seaside Hotel, then went to bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...