Thursday, July 28, 2022

68º And Overcast


6:02

7:34

It's 6:20, a gray, quiet morning on the lake except for an occasional blast as a bass boat roars by Long Point. We might get some rain today but it's doubtful, probably happen when I am out on the lake. It's 7:40 and I had an uneventful paddle for a half hour and am now ready to drive over to Bemus for breakfast before yoga at 10:00, a busy morning. It's 9:15 and I just returned from breakfast in Bemus, two poached eggs on hash and now, we are listening to Michael Smerconish on Sirius. 

Kayak Morning



Yesterday was a lazy day as I should have gone biking but didn't. Maybe it was because I was up so early or kayaked for an hour and a half. Anyways, after my paddle, breakfast, blog, and a walk around the neighborhood, I did get something done. I cleaned out a closet in our orange room where I store things I don't know where else to put. I threw away lots of stuff including a box of CDs, and no doubt, I will be looking for something I threw away in a couple of weeks. Still, it felt good to get rid of 'stuff' and have a closet that looks neat and tidy. That was it for the day for me. 



Lunch was corn on the cob and the rest of my Southwestern Wrap. I watched my show, downloaded a couple of books, and started a couple before falling asleep. The rest of the afternoon I did little, even broke one of my laws and watched some TV in the afternoon I was so bored but too lazy to do something about it. Evie of course had been busy and by 4:00 was making corn fritters to take to our neighbor's cocktail party at 5:00.

Just as we walked next door, it started to rain but only briefly so we were still able to sit outside and enjoy the party for an hour when it rained again and we had to go inside the porch. There were eight of us and it was a fun way to end the afternoon.  Joyce asked everyone to bring a poem to read and Ogden Nash was the hit, lots of laughs. 

Our Neighbors, Bill And Joyce, Reading Their Poems

We were home by 6:30 and not very hungry because of the yummy appetizers so we settled for tomato sandwiches on toasted sourdough bread. We watched our shows, a couple of Jeopardy and ended the night with another Seaside Hotel. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...