Saturday, July 2, 2022

Gray On Dark Gray

5:46

It's 6:00 and I am sitting on our front porch because it's dark and overcast, the sun hidden behind the clouds.  Otherwise, it would be blinding to look out at the lake.  A few minutes ago, I just watched a couple of osprey dive in front of our dock, and fly off with a fish.  What amazing eyesight and claws they have.  It's now 7:54 and I just returned from an hour of kayaking on a gray lake, with a touch of light rain. I checked the rain gauge this morning and we received close to two and a half inches last night.

Kayak Morning

Amish Fishing

Heron At Long Point

Yesterday began with an early paddle and the arrival of a Spectrum technician before 8:00, to make sure our internet was working properly. They are very amenable and willing to come for free for almost any problem. Also, Evie called them recently and easily reduced our bill by fifty bucks.  We were thinking about just getting internet from them and then adding YouTube but this seems about the same price. After he left, Evie spent a good hour watering her garden, not realizing we would get a couple of inches overnight. 

I decided to cut weeds around our dock and I was out for around an hour. About 10:30, Chris came over and attached new brackets to our boat so that we can now use the bimini sunshade. He's been helping us with our boat and dock for at least the past ten years, a good guy. By the time we were done, it was time for lunch, a wrap with hummus, tomatoes, and cucumber, yum. I watched my show, tried to nap, and read while Evie spent a good part of the afternoon in the kitchen, making the sauce, and roasting the eggplant, for ziti until she discovered we were out of ziti noodles so she will finish it up today. Around 4:00, I drove to Lakewood, to gas up the car and fill a couple of five-gallon cans for the boat and spent $110. 00. Wowser (it's all Biden's fault of course). I also stopped to pick up a hanging basket for Evie at Brigiotti's Grocery but their computer wasn't working and seven or eight people were standing in line with their groceries, waiting for it to reboot. I left and drove to their Greenhouse and picked up a hanging basket where there were many more choices.

Raining At 6:17

When I returned home, Evie had had it with working in the kitchen and despite the weather report of thundershowers, we went for a half-hour boat ride, getting in just before the rain. I put the cover on the boat and went for a swim. When I came in, Evie had our dinner ready, a shrimp and scallop pasta along with a salad, a perfect way to end our day. We watched our shows, finishing with two more episodes of Seaside Hotel.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...