Thursday, June 30, 2022

Thursday, Thursday

5:58

6:09

7:40

It's early 7:54 and I paddled for over an hour, my usual, to Bootey Bay and back. It's another fine morning on the lake, the sky partly cloudy. with a light southernly wind and a temperature of 60º. Unfortunately, it's warming up and will get into the low 80s late afternoon.

Kayak Morning

Into The Sun

Osprey, Ready To Roll

A Noble Raptor

Wednesday was a surprisingly fun day. I got in a good kayak and helped Evie some with a few things like cleaning out the freezer before driving off to Lakewood, parking my bike, and riding to Celeron and back, just about ten miles and it took me an hour, an easy ride. Fortunately, there's not much traffic on the road so I felt confident about it. I then stopped at Wegmans, where else, and picked up a few things that Evie needed and was home easily by noon. 

I had a couple of cheese sandwiches with jelly for lunch and watched my show before hitting the couch to read some and nap. Evie meanwhile cut the rest of the lawn, worked some in her garden, and finished up the baked shells, stuffed with spinach,ricotta and mozzarella, then freezing them for when our family arrives. 

Old Friends, New Friends

We were meeting buddies from my college, basketball, and early teaching days at the Rod and Gun so we were showered and ready to go by 6:00. There were eight of us because Stan brought along his two daughters who were fun to talk with. I am sure, however, they were bored as we talked about the good old days,  our coaching experiences, and the players we played against in college and during the summers. We try to get together at least two or three times a year and have met for breakfast in Erie as well. All seem to be well. Stan just returned from the Villages with Carol and John and his wife, Penny, live in a suburb east of Cleveland. The three of us coached and played basketball together back in the late sixties. It was a fun night. We were home by 8:15, in time to watch some shows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...