Friday, June 28, 2024

Partly Cloudy And Cool

 

6:39

8:28

It's 7:15 and I have been up since 6:30, to a 555º morning. The lake is quiet, not a fishing boat in sight, no motors, just a few birds. It should be a fine day, high around 78º and no rain. It's 8:30 and I was out for forty minutes, as the wind picked up and shot a hawk and heron before returning home.

Kayak Morning

Hawk

Heron's Balancing Act

Thursday was a busy day despite not having yoga. I had breakfast at 8:00 in Bemus and the cafe is getting busy unlike the days of winter. I came home by 9:15 and it was windy, the lake choppy. We both then did some work outside. I began sanding and wire-brushing three, old metal chairs we picked up somewhere because we are going to paint them. The rust came off fairly easily with a wire brush and then sandpaper. I also wrote a couple of letters that needed to be done so that takes a couple of things off my mind. Who writes letters anymore when you have email or messages. 

Lunch was a couple of hot dogs, compliments of Evie, with Stadium Mustard, compliments of Barb and Jim's visit to Cleveland. I then read, and finally finished my book which became ridiculous but I stuck with it for some reason. After my nap, I drove to Walmart to pick up a few grocery items and Rust Oleum but Walmart only had it in spray cans. So I had to drive to Home Depot to pick up a quart for the metal chairs. When I got home, I gave the metal chairs another sanding and washed them so they were ready to paint today. By 4:00, we were relaxing in our side yard in our chaise lounges, alternating between being too hot when the sun was out, and too cool when it hid behind the clouds. 

Dinner was rotisserie chicken, the leftover broccoli and cheese sauce, on baked potatoes and a salad. We anxiously awaited the debate and watched an episode of Presumed Innocent on AppleTV+ and some of the lead-up to the debate on various channels. As for the debate, Biden was painful to watch, the whole hour and a half depressing, the good man looking old and often mumbling, the con man telling lies. It was hard to watch and I wonder if Biden will stick with his decision to run again. I hope not because last night was a disaster for him and the Democratic party. 


3 comments:

  1. Biden claimed within the first few minutes that he hasn’t had a troop die on his watch. That is false and disrespectful to the memories of those who have. He is the good man who doesn’t lie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that Biden misspoke and it was unfortunate. Does that mean he’s not a good man? If you compare him to Trump, a serial liar, an adulterer, a rapist, a con man, tax cheater, FELON and that’s just the start of this despicable human being, then, yes, Biden is a good man. I am, however, concerned that Biden will not be up to the task of another four years and that saddens me but a frail Biden is preferable to Trump.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Respectfully, Joe Biden is not a good man. For many years he peddled the falsehood that the truck driver who was involved in the crash that killed his first wife and daughter “drank his lunch.” This caused the man and his family untold torment, to the point where they finally contacted him to ask him to cut it out. Biden has trafficked in racial ugliness and stereotypes - “gonna put y’all back in chains,” “you ain’t black” if you don’t support me, “you can’t go into a 7-11 without a slight Indian accent,” etc. In running for president in 1988, he plagiarized a British politician and then told lie and after lie about his law school record when caught, insulting the intelligence of the reporter. “I bet my IQ is higher than yours.” This is how Trump conducts himself. “Listen fat,” he told another reporter in 2020, before challenging him to a push up contest. Again, Trump like insults. He mishandled classified documents for decades when, as Senator, he never had clearance to take them off site at all. The sordid stuff and changing stories of his involvement in Hunter’s corruption- in 2020, Biden said he never spoke with his son about business, now the evidence shows the “big guy” regularly got on the phone with Hunter’s foreign contacts. I won’t argue with you about Trump, but it’s sad that partisanship leads people to conclude somehow that Biden is a good man. He is not, and we deserve better.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...