Sunday, June 9, 2024

Overcast And A Darkening Sky

Great Blue Heron Rising

7:02

8:34

Well, I woke too early, at 5:30 for some reason and tried but could not get back to sleep. So here I am, at 7:00, having gone through the NYTimes, Facebook, and emails, and now I am writing my blog. It's coolish out, 53º and should clear up by mid-morning according to the weather apps. We did get some precipitation about half an inch. It's almost 9:00 and I paddled for forty minutes, on a choppy, windy lake morning. 

Kayak Morning

The Sun, Briefly

A Touch Of Blue

Yesterday was a perfect day to work outside and Evie took advantage of it. The day started with the usual, my kayaking for forty-five minutes, surprised by the wind gusts. We were in no hurry to get busy because we knew it was going to be a sunny day.  By 10:30, however, the trash was gathered and I was on my way to the Transfer Station and Evie was beginning to plot out the planting of her dahlias. The Transfer Station was busy and because they no longer check to see if you have a North Harmony sticker, guys from anywhere come to get rid of their trash. No big deal I suppose. After dropping off the trash, I drove into Lakewood to do some shopping at Wegmans, always busy on the weekends and I stopped at Evans to pick up some wine, busy too. I was home by noon and Evie was beginning to plant her dahlis, some forty of them. I offered to help but she declined. So I went in and had lunch, the last of the corn and spinach pasta salad from Wednesday, still tasty. I watched my show and was happy to get back to my book and nap briefly.

I read much of the afternoon in our sideyard, the sun warming my back. Evie had finished the dahlias by 2:00 and relaxed for a bit, but only briefly. She wanted to mow the lawn so I filled up the mower and off she went, cutting the side yard twice. I was beginning to feel guilty sitting around while Evie worked, so I decided to clean out the garage, put the Spring things up in the attic, and swept it up so we can store and find things easily. We finished up at the same time and enjoyed a glass of wine in the sideyard, watching herons, eagles, and osprey occasionally fly by, the good life...work, play, and leisure on a lake.

Around 7:00, we finally rose from our sideyard, and while I cleaned out the dishwasher and did up dishes, Evie grilled a steak on our stove, heated up some home fries and made a salad and we had dinner. We watched a highly recommended new film called Hit Man by Richard Linklater. known for Boyhood, Before Midnight and Dazed and Confused.  It was based on a true story about a fake hitman, yes, there was such a thing. I would give it a B, worth watching but not a great film. We ended the night with a couple of Jeopardy shows. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...