Sunday, June 16, 2024

Overcast, Windy, And A Cool 52º(and a Happy Father's Day)


Frank Davis Jr.

Fast Eddie Petkovsek

                                             HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO OUR DADS


6:06

6:43

8:49

Well, summer has arrived although not officially as the first bass boat contest woke me at 6:00 this morning. The boats roared out of the Long Point Marina, heading both north and south. So I got up and now, at 7:00, I am ready to get out on the lake. It's just 9:00 and I paddled for 45 minutes, photographed an osprey, and shot the breeze with Tina and Jim. 

Kayak Morning

Morning Paddle

Osprey

Saturday was a strange day because both of us had some mojo early but by the afternoon, we were ready to veg out if that makes sense.  I kayaked around 8:00, for forty-five minutes and shot a heron which made my morning. We had, as always, a leisurely coffee, finishing up the blog and talk about our day. The only major task was to gather the trash and by 10:30, I was off to the Transfer Station, busy as usual. When I returned, Evie was weeding and planting a few more dahlias in her garden. Gardening as we have found out is never ending. There's always something to do. So after putting around in her garden, Evie began the easy task of watering with lake water.

By 12:30, I was hungry and got out the leftover spaghetti and meatballs and heated it up in the microwave. I watched another episode of The Veil on Hulu, a spy/terrorist thriller then read and napped briefly as the day warmed up. And that was it for the both of us for the day. Evie spent a good part of the afternoon lounging in the sideyard, alternating between sun (which was too hot) and shade (which was too cool). It's bizarre how both of us feel guilty when not doing something or getting something done. 

Our plan was to go to the Greek Yassou Festival in Jamestown but Evie was not feeling well(maybe just running out of energy), so we decided to stay home, and enjoy a glass of wine on our porch and the leisure of a Saturday afternoon. I was happy to stay home as well. Dinner was homefries and eggs, always a last-minute staple and delicious. We decided to rewatch a series we loved on Prime called Catastrophe and stuck with it through four episodes. By the end, Evie had enough and went up to bed and I soon followed her, anxious to get back to my book. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...