Saturday, June 22, 2024

And The Heat Continues

6:03

8:20

It's warm already this morning, at least for me. It's hazy and the sun is up and the lake is busy as the bass boats woke me at 6:30, racing out of the marina. 

Kayak Morning

A Great Blue Heron

Still Hanging Out

Practicing Yoga

Yesterday was not much different from the previous four or five days, ungodly warm for much of the day, so warm we felt like doing nothing. Early, I did get in a forty-five minute paddle, before it got too warm. After breakfast, I was going to go for a bike ride but hung out here in our living room, with the fan on, reading instead. It was just too hot. Finally, I decided to get something done so I spent a half hour gathering the dead privet branches that I cut yesterday and left on the lawn and carted them up the hill, working up quite a sweat. I decided then to check on my boat, make sure the battery was charged, and go for a swim. Well, the boat started and I let it idle for ten minutes but the lake was awful, filled with seeds/algae so that I did not go for a swim. Because of the weeds and seeds, the lake has become a hassle. I hope its a result of this heat wave and it will get better once it ends. 

Amish Families Love To Fish

Lunch was a delight, tuna melt with tomato and cheese, and the Shaq documentary. I am finally into my book, Under Pressure by Robert Pobi. I read the first in the series a couple of years ago and liked it enough to try this. The afternoon went slowly, mostly because of the unrelenting heat. So we spent most of the afternoon inside, fan on, napping or reading. Unfortunately, Evie decided to start mowing the yard and after 15 minutes, she came in with the shakes and had to sit down before she recovered.  And that was it at an attempt to do something outside. And just now, Evie mentioned there was no way she would finish cutting the lawn today, a smart gal. 

Nice, Icy Manhattans, Tumblers Compliments Of College B-ball Buddy, Paul

We both showered to cool off around 5:00 and it was cool enough to sit out on the front porch again with a libation and Boursin cheese and crackers for at least an hour. And because of the heat, we had an easy dinner, Slovenian sausages and beans. We watched another episode of Seaside Hotel and some Colbert and Jeopardy before bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...