Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Overcast And Humid

A Fierce Looking Osprey


6:31

It's 7:30 and I have been up for an hour and it's close in here, no breeze to speak of, and humid. Rain is forecast for midafternoon and the temperatures should get up to 80º. I just looked up to see a great blue heron fly by, like a miniature 747. It's 9:11 and I paddled for forty-five minutes and took a couple of great photos of ospreys and a heron. 

Kayak Morning

North

Osprey

Great Blue Heron

Yesterday was a bit of a respite from the heat, at least it felt that way until mid-afternoon when the sun came out and I could feel its heat. I started the day with a long paddle, over to Warner Bay and back. I skipped yoga again and felt relief. I did not have to hurry, nor have to leave the house. Evie did have plans, however, to clean the front porch. I wanted to get started, so around 9:45, I started taking the chairs and tables off the porch and set up the hose for the electric pressure washer and Evie's become a fan. Once the porch was cleared and vacuumed, Evie washed the porch down, and then I did all the furniture and tables in the yard. Pressure washing the porch does not take long and it makes a difference. Once that was done, we let everything dry until early afternoon. After the porch, Evie worked some in her garden and I used the hedge clippers along the privets and red twig and both needed a shearing.  Around 11:00, I drove into Lakewood to Sherwin Williams with a ten-year-old can of paint to see if it was still usable. The clerk put it in the machine, shook it up for five minutes, and viola, I did not have to buy a new gallon of paint for our porch. I then stopped for the first time at a rib place, across from the plaza, and brought home a couple of ribs for dinner, then stopped at Sav A Lot to pick up a few goodies, like chips and dip.

It felt good to relax after a busy morning with a couple of cheese sandwiches, thanks to Evie. I started a series called Clipped, about the Los Angeles Clippers, especially its racist owner, Donald Sterling. It's not very good but I will stick with it for a while. The afternoon went quickly, napping and reading, then helping Evie put the porch back together. Before the happy hour, Evie put together a sauce for baked ziti and our dinner, cheesy broccoli over baked potatoes and ribs. 

Late Afternoon Sky

It turned out to be another fine night for a libation, chips and dip and once again, we thought about how fortunate we are to have this home. Who would have thought it 59 years ago when we got married. Dinner was ribs and cheesy broccoli over baked potatoes, a perfect combination and we watched our usual shows, Jeopardy, Colbert, and the news before bed. It was a productive day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...