Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Another Cool 48º Morning

6:19

7:26

8:35

It's just after 7:00 and I have been up for an hour, along with quite a few fishermen and I just noticed my first water skier of the year, as they pass in front of our dock. It must be our neighbors, Jeff and Nancy. It's 8:50 and I paddled for 50 minutes on a surprisingly busy morning. Fortunately, I saw a couple of osprey and got a good photo of one, making my morning.

Kayak Morning

Osprey Perched On A Pine Branch

Yesterday was not the best of days because Evie was not feeling well, a result of her infection. She had a fever on and off and just lay around most of the day, bored and tired. I got in my morning paddle, shot a photo of a hawk and skipped yoga. By 11:00, however, I was driving to Long Point State Park and went for a forty-five-minute walk around the park. It was great to be in the woods again, surrounded by green once again. I was the only one hiking so it was quiet and peaceful. On the way home, I stopped at the Bemus Point Market and ordered a sub sandwich, a change as a result of new owners. 

Long Point State Park

A Walk In Green

When I returned, I had half of my sandwich and watched another episode of False Flag. Meanwhile, Evie had been relaxing in her bed but came downstairs after my lunch to watch some TV. I read and napped as usual and checked to make sure Evie had anything she needed. At 5:00, she felt better and had a Zoom call with her sisters and then we enjoyed a glass of wine until dinner. Since Evie was not very hungry and was happy to have chicken soup and toast, I made clam linguini, my brother-in-law Walt's recipe. We watched a couple of Jeopardy and Stephen Colbert and ended the night with Cheers. It was not the best of days.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...