Monday, June 10, 2024

Chillin On A 48º Morning

6:36

8:47

It's overcast and cold, not your typical June morning. I saw fishermen out with stocking caps on and I am thinking of getting one out as well. I just returned from a 50-minute and chilly paddle, down to Wells Bay and back and ran into Tina and Jim, out for a paddle before heading home for the week. 

Kayak Morning

North

Sunday was a strange day as both of us wanted to get something done but we didn't. Perhaps because I was up too early, at 5:30, I didn't feel much like it. And Evie had outdone herself on Saturday, planting her dahlias and cutting the lawn. So both of us spent the day thinking about being busy but never doing it and enjoying it, the leisure. I did get in an early paddle but once I got out in the middle of the lake, it was windy and wavy so I cut my kayaking short. 

When I returned, Evie was up and I finished the blog and had breakfast. Once we were tired of sitting around and having coffee, we both went out to the garden to removed the yogurt containers that Evie had placed on each dahlia to protect it overnight from critters. This is something we will may do every evening and morning because she wants to give the dahlias a chance to grow, unlike the perrenials which have been eaten by rabbits or groundhogs off and on over the past couple of weeks.  

Around 12:30, Evie made me scrambled eggs and a bagel for breakfast and because I was up too early, I couldn't wait to nap. And I must have been tired because I probably slept for an hour and a half. I then joined Evie in the yard, enjoying the sun most of the afternoon and reading my book. It felt luxurious to be sitting outside and not worry about the garden or dinner because we were going out. 

By 6:00, we were on our way to Linda and Rons in the rain,  briefly torrential. We sat out on their front porch with our blackberry whiskey sours until the wind and rain sent us inside. Dinner was special, Chilean sea bass in a sauce along with risotto and a salad. Linda always outdoes herself and we are the beneficiaries. Dessert was a frozen chocolate dessert. We were home just before 10:00, in time for me to watch the last six minutes of the Celtics win over the Mavericks. It ended up being a good day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...