Sunday, June 2, 2024

Overcast And Drizzle

7:57

7:27

It's 9:30 as I start the blog and I just returned from a boring, 35-minute paddle, no waterfowl, gray skies, and lake and drizzle. It's 64º and will not get much warmer later in the day.

Kayak Morning

Northern Gray

Yesterday was another busy day in the yard for both of us. It never ends. After a paddle, breakfast, and the blog, we were both busy gathering trash and Evie was cleaning chicken thighs and cutting up the watermelon so I could take the skins and rinds off to the Transfer Station. The Outback was filled with junk from the attic and garbage and I was happy to get rid of it. When I returned, Evie had some chores planned for me, so I got out the weed wacker, hedge cutter, and spade and trimmed our rhododendrons, weed whacked along the flower beds and walk, and finished edging along the bushes and hydrangeas. Evie was helping as well as planting more of her zinnias. We both were sweating by noon and decided to take a time out. Evie made me an avocado and tomato sandwich on a bagel and I am enjoying my Israeli thriller, False Flag on Hulu. 

A Great Blue Heron In Our Front Yard

Ready To Launch

After lunch, I was happy to get back to my thriller, Toxic Prey, and tried to nap but to no avail. While I was reading on the porch, Evie decided to mow the second half of the yard so all looked spiffy. Once she was done, I gathered all the weeds, put them in barrels, and took two barrels of yard waste up the hill. always satisfying. I put away all the tools, and the lawn mower, closed up the garage and we were ready to relax until 5:00, when we both showered and got ready to go out to dinner.

Linda and Ron picked us up at 6:00 and drove to the Busti Tap House, a fairly new restaurant in Busti. We had reservations and it was a busy place. We had a great waitress who made the night enjoyable, We ordered beers, and then our meals. Unfortunately, Evie was not taken with her eggplant parmesan, but the rest enjoyed our meals. We liked the ambiance, and the fact that it was busy but a bit noisy. We were home by 8:30, in time to watch Real Time With Bill Maher. And I forgot to mention that Friday night we could not find anything new to watch so we binged on the first three episodes of Cheers, from the 1980s, and spent an hour laughing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...