Friday, June 14, 2024

A Hazy, Sunny Morning

6:47

9:12

Ir's 9:20 as I start this, having just returned from an hour paddle, over to Tom's Point and back. I paddle to Tom's Point because herons or eagles usually perch on the Bemus Point side. This time, however, as I rounded the corner, three weed cutters literally blocked my way and no doubt, scared off any water fowl. And most of the areas where I might see a heron or osprey were littered with fishing boats. I was not a very happy kayaker.

Kayak Morning

Bemus Bay

Weed Cutters At Tom's Point

Yesterday was a busy but good day for me, a mostly day of relaxing for Evie and she continues to feel better. I started the morning with an early rising and by 8:00, I was enjoying breakfast in Bemus Point with my friends. As summer nears, the Lake Life Cafe gets more crowded. I was home by 9:15 and decided to get in a paddle even though it was after 9:00. When I returned, I finished up the blog and published it later than usual, around 10:00. Evie was not feeling up to mowing even though the lawn needed it. So being the good husband, I fired up the mower, took off my shirt, and mowed the lawn, working up quite a sweat due to temperatures in the 80s. 

Evie rewarded me with lunch, noodle soup and a cheese sandwich, topped with jam. I finished my series, False Flag, and it ended with a lack of clarity as to who was responsible for the terrorist attack, either the US or Russia. Still, I really enjoyed the series and recommend it if you like Fauda, also an Israeli series. Early afternoon, I finished my book, Horse, and started a new one, Frozen River and, of course, napped briefly. By 4:00, I was ready to do something, so I put on my swim trunks and went out into the lake and cut weeds for an hour, a fruitless effort because the weeds are so bad. Still, we will have a decent swimming area when our family arrives in July. 

By 5:30, I was dried off, feeling good after a dip in the cold lake and enjoying happy hour with Evie on the front porch. Earlier in the day, she made a rib rub, spread it on a rack of ribs and baked it in the oven for couple of hours. By 6:30, she heated them up, and spread a great barbecue sauce over them and they were delicious, falling off the bone. We watched two episodes of a new series on Netflix called Eric but were not taken with it and watched only two episodes, returning to the tried and true, Jeopardy and Cheers before bed. 


2 comments:

  1. PJH: saw a band at neighboring beach club last night from Jamestown area: The Probables. They were great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, they have played around here quite a bit, especiallly at Breweries. They are becoming more and more popular.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...