Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Another Cool, Gray Morning

7:05

It just turned 8:00 and I have been up for an hour, having gotten an ungodly seven hours of sleep. Wow. There's a slight breeze, so it should be a decent morning for a paddle but I better wear a fleece for a 49º morning. It's 9:40 and I was out for forty-five minutes, on a chill, gray morning and was rewarded with a shot of a hawk. 

Kayak Morning

North

Northern Goshawk?

Monday was a strange day as I will explain. It started out as a typical Monday, with a paddle on a choppy lake, breakfast and the blog. Neither of us were in a hurry but by 9:30, I was off to have coffee at Ryder's Cup with my friend Paul since there's no yoga on Monday. We sat around talking until 11:00 when I drove to Wegman's to pick up some prescriptions and do some shopping, picking up Greek turkey burgers with feta cheese for dinner. When I got home, Evie made a doctor's appointment in Westfield to check out a spider or bug bite on her leg which turned red and swollen and burned. So I made myself a tuna sandwich and watched another episode of False Flag and Evie drove off to Westfield. 

It was a cloudy afternoon, cool, so I did not feel like doing anything outside and was content to read and nap, my usual afternoon. Evie returned around 2:30 with the bad news that it was a bacterial infection and serious and might have turned into sepsis if she had not come into the office. Michael her PA gave her a shot in the butt and wrote out a prescription for her and if it did not get better by Friday to return or go to an emergency room. Scary. So by 3:00, I was driving back to Wegman's to pick up her antibiotic and a few goodies for her, a glazed donut, chicken noodle soup, and ice cream cones. She rested the rest of the afternoon, took her pill and relaxed until dinner time. Dinner was turkey burgers, mac n cheese and chicken noodle soup for Evie which I picked up for her at Wegman's. 

We watched a couple of episodes of the 10th season of Seaside Hotel, then some news before Evie went to bed early. Her infection was itching and warm but not terrible. I watched the first half of Caitlin Clark's game, not her best as she scored 10 points and only played a little of the second half. I was happy to get back to my book HORSE. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...