Friday, September 30, 2022

Heavy Fog And 34º

Victoria Creek

7:23

7:43

Well, it's later than usual as I sit here, 8:13 and I have been up for only an hour, having slept in so to speak till 7:15. I still cannot see beyond our dock because of the fog so I am just going to have to wait until it lifts to kayak. It looks like a decent day with some sun, a high a chilly 62º. Well, it's 9:10 as we finish this and the fog has yet to lift. 

Yesterday was strange because we actually had some sun after five days of rain and dark skies. I skipped kayaking because of the wind and I had breakfast in Bemus at 8:00. After breakfast, I returned home, finished the blog, and drove off to Lakewood for a Yin Yoga class. It's not as crowded as in the summer which is nice. I was tired from getting up early and fell briefly asleep during savasana. I just hope I wasn't snoring. I skipped coffee and came straight home to an extremely messy kitchen as Evie had been busy making tons of applesauce and prepping dinner. I quickly got busy with the pots and pans before relaxing with my show in the TV room with lunch, and a couple of delicious salami sandwiches on toast. 

The afternoon went quickly, at least till 4:00. I  napped and read as usual and Evie spent much of the time in the kitchen or watching the weather channel coverage of the tragic destruction of Fort Myers, the beach we often spent Spring Break at in the 1980s. I was tired of lazying around so I did a few things in the yard, putting away our outdoor table and chairs then went for a walk around Victoria for a half hour. I haven't done anything physical, no biking or walking for at least a week. 

Victoria Creek At 4:05 PM

We relaxed with a glass of wine before dinner, commenting on the great blue heron that had been sitting on Bill and Joyce's dock for a couple of hours, hoping to catch a fish. Dinner was yogurt marinated chicken thighs, with garlic spinach and roasted potatoes. Yum. We are struggling to find a series on TV that we like and started two last night but quit them after 20 minutes. We are picky I guess. So we went back to the tried and true the rest of the evening. 

Heron Hanging Out



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...