Wednesday, September 7, 2022

A Trifecta At 79

6:54

8:44

It's an ugly morning, to be honest, gray on gray, windy, with some fog. The only good thing was I was probably the only one on our part of the lake. When it's gray like this, the photographs of birds lack contrast and light so it's challenging to get a good picture. 

Kayak Morning

Foggy Morning

Yesterday I turned 79 and celebrated with kayaking for an hour early in the morning, a yoga class late morning, and an hour bike ride in the late afternoon. So it was a good day despite the fact I am nearing 80. So yesterday went much like most days, starting with kayaking, the blog, and healthy breakfast, of Evie's homemade granola, chia seeds, hemp hearts, and two kinds of yogurt, in case you care. By 9:30, I was in a challenging yoga class, along with mostly regulars. After class, I went to Ryder's Cup for coffee and ended up sitting on the porch talking with Paul and Joe from our breakfast club. I didn't get home till 12:30 so I texted Evie to let her know I would be late.

Lunch was leftovers from our Labor Day dinner, a hot dog, potato salad, and beans, still tasty. It was good to get back into my series, Game Of Thrones. After lunch, I almost finished with The Maid and took a nice nap, as the day was cooling off. By 4:00, I was bored so I drove to Mayville, park my car, and rode Webb's Trail and Sea Lion Drive for an hour. 

A Ride In Green

It was a good decision as I felt righteous! I stopped at Tops to pick up a surprise for Evie, Nutty Buddies, and was home by 6:30. Evie had my birthday dinner ready, one of our favorites, Wienerschnitzel, baked potatoes, corn and a salad, just what I wanted. We watched an older film Last Flag Flying and would highly recommend it. Great acting and storyline, as two buddies from Vietnam, help another Vet bury his son, a casualty of the Iraq war.  It's not only moving but funny, with Steve Carell, Laurence Fishburn, and Bryan Cranston. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...