Thursday, September 8, 2022

Morning Fog

7:41

It's 7:20 as I start this and because of the fog, I won't be kayaking this morning. I have been up for an hour and the fog is just starting to lift but I have breakfast at 8:00 so I am out of time. It's a chilly, fall like 57º and like yesterday, overcast much of the day. It's just 9:00 and I just returned from breakfast with Jack. 

Yesterday was ugly, a heavy, gray overcast with drizzle on and off until late in the afternoon when we were blessed with a bit of sunshine around 6:30. I kayaked for close to an hour but because of the lack of light, none of my bird photos were worth putting on the blog. Let there be light. We then had our usual morning routine and by 10:30, we were off to the Chautauqua Institution for a walk, the first time since early June. Despite the gray and drizzle, we had forgotten how lovely the grounds are during the summer and early fall. All the front yards were still in bloom, filled with colors, and lots of green. We parked at the southern gate and walked for close to an hour, a couple of miles I would guess. All gates were open and we did not need to show any identification as many summer residents have left. 

Chautauqua Institution's Thunder Bridge

Lunch was a piece of moussaka Evie found in the freezer and the last of the potato salad from Labor Day's picnic. I watched my show and enjoyed my lunch. Evie left to do some shopping around 1:30 and did not return until 3:30, just as I was waking from a nap, one of those naps where you feel terrible because you sleep too long. I guess it's called sleep inertia. I tried to shake it off and worked some outside and began putting away summer things in the attic of our garage, getting a head start on it. 

5:48

We settled down with chips, dip, and a drink around 6:00 and were rewarded with some sunshine briefly, lighting up the hills above Bemus Bay. Dinner was easy as Evie fried up the leftover baked potatoes and heated up the Wienerschnitzel and made a salad. We returned to our usual viewing, watching Colbert for the first time in three weeks, minus John Baptise. For dessert, we had Nutty Buddies, then watched CBS Sunday morning which we had saved from Sunday.  

7:43



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...