Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Scattered Clouds And A Cool 54º

6:35

7:10

7:20

It's just after 7:00 and I have been up for a half hour, with vast cloud banks hanging over Long Point but soon, the sun may rise above them because I can see blue skies. It's 54º and we got some rain. I was out by 7:20 for forty-five minutes, enjoying the vastness of being the only boat on the lake and photographing a couple of herons, a cormorant, and ducks napping on a log.

Taking Off

Cormorant Cruising

Mallards Napping

Great Blue Heron

Kayak Morning

Yesterday was not much fun, especially in the morning. I did get in a paddle just as the showers stopped and had breakfast and wrote the blog. But then, I had to drive to Jamestown to the dentist, to see if I needed a new crown or an implant. Fortunately, after much pulling and scraping, I only need a crown which is kind of ironic, just a crown. I was in the chair for close to two hours, enjoying not a bit of it. I was home by noon and Evie had a busy, fun morning while I was gone, making dinner for tomorrow night, and another for tonight. What a  gal. She also made me a couple of toasted cheese sandwiches for lunch before heading off to Wegmans to do a big shopping run for the week. 

I had my usual afternoon, reading, some TV, napping, and waiting for Evie to return which she did at 3:30, the car loaded with goodies. I brought in the stuff while Evie put things away, making sure to keep the pantry and cupboards organized. Then, I should have gone for a walk or bike ride but was too lazy and we were going out to dinner at 6:00. 

So by 6:00, Ron and Linda picked us up and we drove over to Bemus, to the Zeezurh House, our go-to restaurant once upon a time (before Covid). They started having a Monday night special of wings, pizza and a pitcher of beer for $25. 99. We are not ones to pass up a deal like that and fortunately, the bar was not crowded and the waitress was good. Both of us ordered the special and really enjoyed both the wings and pizza. We will be back. We were home by 8:30 and watched part of an episode of The Old Man on Hulu until we gave up in disgust at how boring and talky it was. It's not one of Jeff Bridges' best. We then watched ten minutes of Monday night football before returning to the tried and true, HGTV before bed.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...