Wednesday, September 28, 2022

A Morning Of Dark, Threatening Skies



6:36

6:55

7:57
It's 6:30 and some light is just beginning to appear among the darkness of the early morning. We may have a few showers this morning but that may be it for the day. And Thursday may bring some sun, amazing. I got in a 35-minute paddle, on a surprisingly choppy and windy lake.

Kayak Morning

North

Getting Darker

Yesterday was another miserable, rainy day, as we received an inch and a half, mostly a light rain on and off all day. I got drenched when I kayaked but it was kind of fun. After breakfast and the blog, I drove to Lakewood to a good yoga class with Courtney. I stopped for a coffee but the usual guys had been there earlier so I just came home. Evie had tackled the most difficult chore, rearranging our back closet, sort of a panty and catch-all for everything. Now we can actually walk in it and get what we want. 

I microwaved an ear of corn for lunch and heated up the leftover beef stew. Just as I was sitting down to enjoy it, Evie was off to shop and warned me she would be taking her time, meaning she would hit TJ Maxx and Wegmans, and maybe Aldi. I continue to watch Game Of Thrones and still cannot get straight who is fighting whom. I will have to go to Wikipedia to find out.  I finished my book, Frankie The Machine, about a hit man with a heart, and started a fairly new Michael Connelly, The Dark Hours. 

So that's how I spent my afternoon reading, with a brief respite to check on my boat, and make sure it was tied securely and was in good shape. By 3:30, I was bringing in groceries in a drizzle of course as Evie put away the groceries. We both then relaxed until 5:00, when Evie had a Zoom call with her sisters. 

Rainbow Surprise At 6:15


For dinner, Evie bought haddock and pan-fried it according to a recipe from the butcher at Wegmans who was happy to explain to her how he likes to cook it. I have to say it was delicious, with a butter and lemon sauce along with an easy quinoa/rice package side and corn. We watched Disobeience a film about an illicit love affair in a conservative Jewish community. We were a bit bored to start with but ended up liking it enough to recommend it. We ended the night with Colbert and Jeopardy! what else.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...