Sunday, September 4, 2022

Gray With A Touch Of Rouge

Good Morning, Dahling

6:26

6:51

It's just before 7:00, mostly gray out, with hardly a boat out on the lake. Just wait. It looks like a rainy Labor Day Weekend alas for most of us. It's 8:30 and I had a good morning, three different herons but no osprey. I wonder if they have headed south? 

Kayak Morning

Geese A Flying

Heron #1

#2

#3

Saturday went by quickly like most days these days. I was up for an early paddle, with a couple of bird photos before returning home to finish the blog. My only chore of the day was to gather the trash and head off to the Transfer Station. Because the Spectrum TV guys were coming to move our cable outlet, I did not get to the Transfer Station till 11:00. Spectrum was supposed to be here at 9:00, and three trucks arrived at 10:30 to our amusement. As always, they were great guys, got the job done, and even suggested how we might avoid paying the fifty-dollar charge for their arriving late. 

Spectrum Overload




Once they were done, I drove off to Greenhurst, picked up some peaches at Peterson's, then rode my bike on the Riverside Trail down to Mc Crea Point. Just as I started out, I heard the whistle of the Chautauqua Belle and literally followed it down the Chadokoin River where it docked and picked up riders to head back upstream. I also watched a group of kids in the new skateboard park, riding their skateboards or bikes up and down the cement sides of a couple of bowls.

Chatauqua Belle 

Docking

Park

Bridge Over Canal

I didn't get home until 1:30, had lunch of the leftover veggie mix, better than ever, and watched my show. I then started a new book, The Maid, and to my surprise, I am liking it. I napped some of the course and joined Evie out in the yard for a while but also watched a bit of football, nothing interesting though. Midafternoon, Evie made corn fritters for our neighborhood gathering at 5:00. They were delicious and quite a hit at the gathering. We stayed for an hour, and talked with neighbors we hadn't seen since July. It's a fun way to keep up connections. When we returned, we sat on the front porch, surprisingly cool compared to the heat of the gathering. By 7:30, we were having eggplant and tomato sandwiches and watching TV. We started a PBS series called Hotel Portofino but it's overdone and trite. So we moved on to the usual, HGTV, and the news.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...