Friday, September 9, 2022

Waiting For The Fog To Lift

7:32


8:18

8:36

It's 7:20 and I have been up for an hour, alas, and I still cannot see beyond our dock because of the heavy fog for the second day in a row. It's getting chilly, too, 55º at the moment and I have to wait to kayak until the fog breaks. It's 9:30 and I paddled for close to an hour, first in a light fog, later in the sunshine and blue skies. 

Kayak Morning

Heron In The Fog

Heron In A Pine

Immature Wood Ducks

Bald Eagle

Yesterday began like today, with a heavy fog, keeping me away from a paddle. I did make it to breakfast at 8:00 and then, to Yin Yoga at 10:00 as the fog lifted enough to drive. The class was so crowded I hardly found a spot for my mat. After class, I was tempted to stop for a coffee but since I had another round of coffee for breakfast, I passed. 

When I returned home, Evie had been busy, putting together a peach crisp and chicken pot pie to be topped with homemade buttermilk biscuits. I helped clean up the kitchen mess and Evie made me a Wienerschnitzel sandwich, with tomato and mayo. I also microwaved a Pho soup so I was happy, enjoying lunch and Game Of Thrones. Evie left a  1:00 for Jared's, her hairdresser and I had the afternoon to myself, to read and nap and watch some TV. 

Dinner With Bill, Joyce, And David

Evie was home by 3:00, relaxed some as did I but by 4:00, I was ready for a walk around Victoria for a half hour, getting in some exercise. We were taking dinner over to our next-door neighbors, Joyce and Bill, who will be heading back to Pittsburgh on Saturday. Evie knew chicken and biscuits were a favorite. We enjoyed a glass of wine on their front porch before dinner. Their son, David, was in from California so it was fun to talk with him during dinner. The peach crisp with vanilla ice cream was the perfect end to the dinner. We were home by 8:30, in time to watch the first half of the Bills/Rams NFL game on TV. I saw this morning that Buffalo won 31-10. Go Bills!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...