Monday, September 26, 2022

"It's Raining, It's Pouring," Says The Old Man

6:59

7:36

It's 7:50 and I have been up since 6:30, listening to the rain. It looks like another morning without kayaking, the second day in a row. It rained most of the night, over an inch, and has not stopped since I got up.  Well, I waited until 8:30 and was able to get out for a half hour, in a light drizzle at first but then it let up. 

Kayak Morning

Northward Bound

From The Reeds

Hunkering In The Rain

Yesterday went quickly, a day of too much football to be honest. We had breakfast with Mike and Barb, bacon, a Turkish omelet, and a bagel. They left for church at 10:15, then headed home. Once again, the house seemed empty, as it always does after company. I hoped to get in a paddle but it started to pour just as I was out for ten minutes and I had to return, soaked to the bone, poor timing. By 11:00, Evie had a hankering for a good beef stew so she was putting it together, hoping to slow cook it for a couple of hours. I read some and actually fell asleep, tired from getting up early I guess. 

By 1:30, I was ensconced in front of the TV, watching the Bills game and enjoying a bowl of soup and a couple of wraps, left over from Saturday's lunch. So I watched the first half, taped the second, and went to read and nap, having had enough of football. I woke to the aroma of beef stew and went back to the TV room and watched the rest of the Bills game, a sad ending, as they lost despite outplaying the Dolphins. 

Kayak Afternoon

Ruffled Lake And Clouds

By 2:30, the sun had come out and it was, briefly, a beautiful fall afternoon. Since I missed kayaking in the morning, I went out for a half-hour paddle, over to Long Point and back to Victoria and home. By the time I returned, it had clouded up, ready for the rain to commence. 

Turning Gray at 3:10

Since dinner was basically done, we relaxed with a glass of vino until 6:00, then had dinner, the beef stew with my favorite, mashed potatoes, and a salad. I found a highly recommended French film on Rotten Tomatoes, Petit Maman, about the friendship between two eight-year-old girls, Unfortunately, despite its attempts to be heavy and deep, it was a bore so I would not recommend it. Give me action! We ended the night with Celebrity Jeopardy and Real Time With Bill Maher, always a hoot. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...