Monday, September 12, 2022

Early Morning Showers

6:45

It's 6:56 and it has been raining since I got up at 6:15 and it looks like it ain't going to stop very soon. It's 64º and I love the sound of the rain hitting the roof even if it means no paddling this morning. I hope it lets up some by 7:30 or 8:00. For once, the weatherman was correct, predicting the rain would end in an hour so I could kayak and it did. 

Kayak Morning

North

A Solitary Heron

The Ubiquitous Cormorants

Yesterday was Sunday and supposed to be a day of leisure Evie had other ideas in mind. The day did not start well because I had to kayak in a drizzle most of my way and saw no birds other than seagulls. After breakfast, Evie fussed with our Sonos radio, finally getting it to work if not perfectly. It's impossible to get in touch with them via phone or email. By mid-morning, I was up on a stool, wiping down kitchen cupboards, changing light bulbs, and tightening up cupboard hinges. Once that was done, Evie gave them a coat of wood polish and I have to admit they look much better. I have to laugh thinking this was something a guy/husband would never think of doing. Yet by1:00, our kitchen looked new and time for lunch, potato pancakes with the last of the mashed potatoes and fried eggs, another one of my favorites.

Housework

The rest of the afternoon I wasted although Evie kept busy upstairs, washing sheets and making beds in our guest rooms, making sure they are ready for our good friends, Vickie and Ron, who arrive on Wednesday from Maine. I wasted the afternoon watching some tennis and football until I got bored, then read and napped. While I was watching football, Evie had the Brown's game on the radio and we both sat on the porch and listened to the final minutes when the Browns won on a field goal by a rookie. It was fun listening to long-time announcer Jimmy Donovan go crazy. 

It cleared up some late afternoon and like most Sundays, the lake was quiet as was the neighborhood. We relaxed with a spritzer until 6:30 when Evie made us BLTs and Pepsi for dinner, a perfect Sunday dinner. We watched Real Time With Bill Maher and ended the night enjoying the Westminster dog show. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...