Tuesday, September 27, 2022

April In September

6:56

8:12

It's overcast, what else, at 7:10 and I have been up since 6:30, hoping the rain holds off so I can go kayaking. I checked the rain gauge and we have had 4.5 inches in the past 36 hours and more is forecast for the next couple of days. It's 8:30 as I finish this and I paddled for a little over a half hour, starting out in light rain, returning in a heavy downpour, and getting soaked. I took a bad photo of a hawk and missed an eagle because it was raining. 

Kayak Morning

Northern Sky

It rained Monday most of the day, reminding us of the weather here at the lake in April, wet and muddy and miserable. I was fortunate, however, to get in a paddle in-between showers, hardly getting wet. By 9:30, however, I was on my way to Jamestown, to the dentist, to get an impression made for a crown. It should have been easy but took close to an hour, for various reasons I won't go into. After the fun, I stopped at Wegmans and did a quick run-through and was home by 11:45. 

Evie had been taking it easy but did get our old iPhones and iWatch ready to be sent back so we could get the discount for our new devices. So while I had lunch, soup, and a bagel with avocado, Evie drove to Mayville, to drop off a package for Fed Ex, another at the Post Office, and pick up a prescription at Rite Aid, a fun jaunt. She was back by 1:30 just as I was hitting the couch to read and nap.

That was it for the afternoon as neither of us wanted to do much, just sit and listen to the falling rain. Evie made a couple of phone calls, watched some TV while I read, and napped until it was wine time, about 5:30. Neither of us could get over the weather, the constant rain, something we don't remember happening for quite a while.  Dinner was the leftover beef stew on mashed potatoes, better than ever I would have to say. We didn't watch anything interesting, just the usual before going to bed early. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...