Wednesday, September 14, 2022

A Cloudscape Kind Of Morning

7:07

7:07

7:07

It's 715, and the sky is full of lovely clouds, highlighted by sunshine and a chilly 55º, as steam rises off the lake. It should be a fun day as we pick up our good friends from Maine at 11:15 in Buffalo. It's 8:30 and I had a nice paddle, my usual route, photographed a couple of herons and a cormorant, and chased off a bald eagle, alas. 

Kayak Morning

Northern Sky

Heron Sunning

In The Tree

Cormorant Hanging On 

Yesterday was another busy day for Evie, somewhat of a bore for me. After kayaking and breakfast, we both worked around the house, getting things done until noon when I had to drive an hour and a half to Ashtabula for an appointment with my cardiologist, a follow-up after my ablation in June. Fortunately, he's a good guy and we get along well. He took time with me, answered my questions, and wants to see me again in six months. Since I skipped lunch, I stopped at Mickey D's on the way home, picked up a chicken sandwich, and filled up my car with gas, $3:47 a gallon compared to $3.99 in New York. It's almost like driving to Ohio for a fill-up. 

I didn't get home until 3:30 and Evie had everything in order although the kitchen was a wreck as usual so I got busy doing up the dishes, emptying the dishwasher, and things like that which helped some. Yesterday, she made a pot of tomato sauce with sausages and mushrooms, so that was our dinner. It felt great to sit down, relax, enjoy dinner, and know the house was in good order ready for Vickie and Ron. We watched Andy Cohen interview Hillary and her daughter and both were great. What a tragedy that she lost in 2016 to a buffoon.  It says a lot about us that she lost, a buffoon won. We ended the night as usual, with Colbert and Jeopardy, which is back.

Lop-Sided Moon at 9:25


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...