Sunday, September 11, 2022

Kayaking In The Rain

6:52

It's just 9:00 and I returned from a forty-five-minute paddle in the rain, down to Sandy Bottom, across to Long Point, and home along Woodlawn. It's 62º and most likely will rain all morning. As I paddled, I only was able to photograph one old bird. 

Kayak Morning

Long Point

Old Bird In The Rain

Yesterday was a sad day as our neighbors, Bill and Joyce, with the help of their kids, packed up two cars and headed back to their apartment in Pittsburgh. They spent a good deal of Friday and Saturday morning getting packed and left in tears. They will be back next summer, for sure. Anyways, the day started as usual with a paddle, blog, and breakfast. Evie then had some ideas in mind so we worked in the kitchen and pantry for an hour, cleaning it out, reorganizing, and throwing out stuff that was out of date. Once we were done with that, I gathered up the trash and drove off to the Transfer Station, always righteous fun. Because we were going through our basket of peaches, I drove over to Greenhurst to Peterson's Farms and picked up another basket as well as a couple of homegrown tomatoes. I also stopped for gas, under four bucks for the first time in a year, and filled up two five-gallon gas cans for my boat. When I got home, I got out my siphon and gassed up my boat for the week. 

Lunch was spicy ramen and a bagel with cream cheese and tomato and I watched my show although I am getting a bit bored with it. As usual, I read some and fell asleep although I am enjoying my book, a Dismas Hardy novel. It was a beautiful afternoon so we both sat on the front porch reading and just enjoying the afternoon. 

Harbor House Hotel Getting Ready For A Wedding

Lakefront

By 4:00, I was bored and wanted to get some exercise so I drove off to Lakewood, parked my car, and rode for an hour, down to the Harbor House Hotel and Lucille Ball Park and back. It was an easy hour ride, flat and with little traffic.  After biking, I stopped at Aldi's for a few things, picked up corn, and came home. When I left at 4:00, Evie had been bothered by sore knees so I expected her to rest them but when I returned home, she had mowed the lawn. Go figure. 

Chautauqua Belle

Lucy

We then enjoyed a beer on the front porch, resting up after my bike ride and Evie's mowing and commented on how quiet it was, both the neighborhood and lake. And how sad it was to have Bill and Joyce gone. I was looking forward to dinner, the same one as Friday night, with leftover Salisbury steak, mashed potatoes, and gravy along with a salad and corn, we had another feast. We watched a Colbert and a couple episodes of The Old Man which is getting talky and boring but we only have two more episodes, so we will stick with it. 


1 comment:

  1. BNE... best neighbors ever! Bill and Joyce are blessed to have you in their lives.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...