Saturday, September 3, 2022

Labor Day Weekend Begins

6:52

6:55

6:55

7:19

It's 9:15 and I woke at 6:45 to sunrise but now it's overcast and maybe that way for the next couple of days with rain forecast tomorrow and Monday. For us, it's the end of summer as most of the tourists head home and the lake quiets down. A nice change.

Kayak Morning

Great Blues Hanging Out

On A Limb

Geese A Gathering

Yesterday was a fun day for me, as usual, a busy work day for Evie. After my kayaking and blog and breakfast, I asked nicely if I might go for a bike ride rather than stick around the house and give it a deep cleaning. Go for it she said so I was off for an hour bike ride through Bemus and Long Point State Park, my favorite ride. When I got home, the house looked amazing as it always does after vacuuming, dusting, and cleaning. Now we have to figure out how to reconfigure the living area in front of our fireplace, whether to get a couch or just a couple of comfortable chairs. 

The Quiet Beauty Of Long Point

Lunch was leftovers once again, this time rigatoni, mushrooms, and meatballs from Evie's dinner Thursday night at Colarco's. Like the night before leftovers from eating out, it was delicious and filling. By 1:00, Evie was in the sideyard reading and enjoying the light breeze and sun and I was reading on the couch and napping. I finally finished my book, Lost,  and started a new one, Desperate Characters by Paula Fox. I know little about it so I will stick with it for a few chapters to see if I like it. I joined Evie around 2:30 and we stayed in the yard until it became too cool because of the breeze. I then did a little yard work, getting rid of our deadfall and Evie put together our dinner a potpourri of fresh corn, tomatoes, black beans, and spices, served over polenta, something healthy, easy, and cheap. 

Dahlias In A Vase

By 6:00, we were happily enjoying a libation and appetizers on our porch, having had a productive day, me playing and Evie working, a loving couple. We stayed on the porch until 7:00, commenting as usual on how quiet the lake was and how warm it was getting after the coolness of the afternoon. We had Evie's vegetarian concoction for dinner (Yum) and watched some of Serena's tennis match and some news.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...